Fragrance of Life

Monday, March 27, 2006

Shopping with Atitude

Hi ... in an effort to keep up with my posting , I have been making a lot of typos ...sooo pleasee forgive my presentation! I will try to be better in the future! I think my mind and my fingers are not in the right pace...!! Anyways I said before, I went car shopping last weekend... man what an experience ... I was soo pissed ..with the experience! Dealers are the worst people to deal with .... why do they call them 'D-E-A-L-E-R-S' .... they have an attitude of their own!!

To begin, we were very confused on what to buy ... and intermediate car (both size and price) or a intermediate in size and a bit higher in luxury....!! Too much research and we were all set ... to go ahead and start the real bargain. Of course ... I am not going to buy a new car ... it is just not worth losing the money you put down the minute the car leaves the lot!You know as a matter of fact ... a car depreciates almost 25 -30 % in the first year! The subsequents years will be a lot lesser! So ... it is never a smart move to buy a new car ... unless you don't care losing that much on ur first year! All this I learnt in a wonderful class called 'Engineering Economics' ... yea ..what does an engineer have to do with economics ... well .. that was my first question when I stepped into the class. But ...hey ... I was wrong ...there is a lot one should know ... the 'Time Value Of Money' , Depreciations, Inflation rates, etc .... a very interesting class ...with a very interesting professor ... but he was very precise in his teachings and in grades ... his problems very soo simple yet soo talently twisted ...and yes ... I suffered a lot to score in that class!!

Well ... getting back to the subject of buying cars ... the first dealership ...it was a Nissan. When we stepped out in the lot and started looking at few of the '05 models. We looked at the deep blue one ... and when we were asessing the car from the outside ... a rep came towards us and started their usual question ... which surprising was exactly the ones mentioned in the internet .. in a website ...which warned buyers about the dealerships. First of all I couldn't stop laughing .. and finally we said we want a test drive. So ... the guy took the driving license and came back with the keys. First he asked us to get on the road from another the left most exit ... about 100 feet away and asked us to come through the right most entrance so he could place the number plate on the car. So ...deligently we drove to the front entrance ... and there he was ..."So do you like the car??" .. we were like ..." thats our test drive "... "Oh this is a Nissan ... what more do you want" ...is this enough to decide to buy a car ...for 17K + ....what an atitude ... does he sell cars to customers like this??? You know ... for a person who is business/sales ...customers comes first...and everything else comes next ...this is an atitude which will improve a business ... if not... I am not REALLY sure!!! Yea ...I think people forget where they come from and what their status stands in the money making frontier!! Anyways ... this made me think of the time ... I used to work in the university library as a part time employee ... I loved my job ... friendly people to work with ... and I learnt quickly ... also became trusted by my supervisors .!! I was most importantly doing my duty ... to serve the patrons ... not that I would take crap ... but I do my BEST .... well I guess thats want I probably expect of other people ... basic ...duty conscience!! ...Well will keep it rollin' ....(i meant the blog ;))

4 Comments:

  • At March 30, 2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said…

    Hi Anjali, visiting your blog for the first time. Sometimes it happens like this in many places. Infact for me, when people show such attitudes, my whole day will be spoiled thinking about the incident. Nowadays I have started treating people like machines in the outlets and shops, it makes my day easier:) Abt economics, I had gone through micro and macro eco classes. Its pretty tough as u say. I ended up just passing the class.

     
  • At March 31, 2006 5:01 AM, Blogger Sadhana said…

    hey hey!! well good to know u r tryin and posting something though ur so damn busy......and anyways some ppl jus work for the sake of working and gettin money and no real thing as duty and loyalty..!!! well jus crappy ppl yaar ....dont worry man!! so anyways as u said keep em rollin!!!!!

     
  • At April 01, 2006 6:35 AM, Blogger Anjali said…

    Hi Priya - I totally get what you are saying ... I hate those incidents too ... I have to force myself to not to think of it. I try to tell myself ... 'who are they to spoil our day??' .it works to a certain extent!! ;)

     
  • At April 01, 2006 6:41 AM, Blogger Anjali said…

    Hi Sadhana - Yea ... my dad has always taught me to be an asset at work ...so I guess I am following his line!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home