Fragrance of Life

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Friend O' Foe

Hello everyone ... the day is usual ... yesterday spoke to an old friend (actually was roommate) of mine. She is a nice girl but very confused most of the time. Nothing to blame on her .... I had a very wrong opinion about her before we were roommates ...I heard people say she was weird ... and yes ... I kinda did after all this in my brain ... you know ...as she seemed lost most of the time! But only after knowing her I came to know ... that deep down she was a nice girl and she seemed like that due to some family / health problems. On the other hand a girl who I thought was really nice ... turned out to be exactly opposite ... very dirty ... unhygienic habits ... back stabbing and loads to add! I am not saying that I am perfect ... but I am a very frank person ... and don't have different faces with different people! "Appearances are deceptive" ....I believe it is very true ..!! You never know who is gonna turn to be your friends and who your enemies!

When people say that a person should be happy if s/he has at least 5 good friends in their lifetime ... I never believed it! But yes ... looking at my life ... I can hardly name 5 people I can fully trust .. other than family ... well maybe a little more now ..but lets see ... you never know what could turn up!!!

Well ... now I feel I am making new friends in this blog world ... no age/caste/creed barriers ... just as we say!! I sometimes think ... I am being more defensive when it comes to accepting people in my life and trusting them ... maybe because I have just met too many wrong people and trusted them!! But yes .. I am trying to let go of the past and sculpt a better future with the right tools as my friends/family!!

Well ... many thanks to anyone who considers me as a blog-friend!!

7 Comments:

  • At April 11, 2006 3:33 PM, Blogger Santhi said…

    I can totally relate to what u r saying.......
    Have met too many different kinds of people and am not as naive any more as I was when I was 21. :):)
    But I do thank God that I DO have 3 friends that I can trust my life with. And i think the number is going to remain 3....

    I am sure going to meet a lot of people and like a lot of them too, but dont expect to create the kind of friendship I share with these 3.:):):

    I have really being enjoying blogging so far...and Hope to make good friends here...:))))))

     
  • At April 12, 2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Lakshmi said…

    came here th' Shanti's kitchen, nice blog.

     
  • At April 13, 2006 6:37 AM, Blogger Sadhana said…

    hellooooo!!! well life by itself is very funny!!!!!its very true that u cannot easily trust aynone...but surely hope that there will be more friends in ur life......im sure this blog will fetch u more gr8 frends.....so do keep writin!!!!!

     
  • At April 14, 2006 2:13 AM, Anonymous Lera said…

    This really is a Nice subject,I am sure everyone needs a friend who accepts you the way you are ,Anjali ,I can understand you being cautious,believe me You're on your way to find more and more blog friends for sure :)

    Happy Blogging & cheers!

     
  • At April 14, 2006 8:49 AM, Blogger BDSN said…

    Your blog post reminds me of the saying"Never judge a book by its cover"...there is more to a person other than plain looks...i always felt plenty with few trusted friends than 100 of no good friends..

     
  • At April 14, 2006 11:30 AM, Blogger Anjali said…

    Thanks to santhi, lakshmi, sadhana, lera and bdsn for considering me a friend and sharing ur thoughts on this!! Thanks to those few true friends of ours who make our lives meaningful!!

     
  • At April 22, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger piriyamudan amma said…

    Hi Anjali
    Thanks for your comment through which i have been introduced to you.I really love this friend or foe. My personal experience has taught me this.One need notlook for friends outside.I feel your mom,dad,sister or any of your relatives can be your friend.Be nice to everyone and enjoy life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home